CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Check the labels

Received this from a friend - I like this idea!

This past weekend I was at Kroger. I needed 60 W light bulbs and Bounce dryer sheets. I was in the light bulb aisle and right next to the GE brand I normally buy was an off brand labeled "Everyday Value." I picked up both types of bulbs and compared the stats - they were the same except for the price. The GE bulbs were more money than the Everyday Value brand but the thing that surprised me the most was the fact that GE was made in MEXICO and the Everyday Value brand was made in - get ready for this - the USA .

So throw out the myth that you cannot find products you use every day that are made right here - from a company in Cleveland OH !

So on to another aisle - Bounce Dryer Sheets....yep you guessed it Bounce was more money and made in Canada, the Everyday Value brand was less money and MADE IN THE USA! I did laundry yesterday and the dryer sheets performed just like the Bounce Free I have been using for years and at almost half the price!

So my challenge to you is to start reading the labels when you shop for everyday things and see what you can find that is made in the USA - the job you save may be your own or your neighbors!

If you accept the challenge, pass this on to others in your address book so we can all start buying American, one light bulb at a time!

Besides, you might save a little green in the process.

Stop buying from China ..........

We should have awakened a decade ago......

lets get with the program.... help our fellow Americans keep their jobs ... and create more jobs here in the U.S.A.

If you like this post, please Subscribe in a reader
Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=aa2c367107cf286ff276a90a768ae699